An Assisted Living Apartment Complex designed to provide higher levels of assistance and support, that is also attached to Grand View Manor, a 142-bed nursing home. Orchard View Apartments are unique in many ways because it allows tenants to stay independent despite needing some day to day assistance.
The complex consists of 26 spacious one bedroom apartments (724 sq. ft.) and 4 two bedroom apartments (997 sq. ft.). The building is designed with wide hallways, doorways and is wheelchair accessible. The building is 3 stories with hospital size elevators.
- main noon meal
- weekly housekeeping services
- utilities excluding cable TV and phone.
Other features include:
- Laundry facilities available onsite.
- Additional services available at extra cost (listed below).
- Tenants have access to GVM social events, church services and bible studies.
- Apartment units include fridge and stove, individually controlled heat / air exchange system and balcony or terrace
Additional Services Available:
- Administration of medications
- Tub baths
- Personal care, hygiene, dressing etc.
- Access to RN and Dietitian services
- Pendant style nurse call system for around the clock emergency help
- Bright and spacious lounge / entertainment areas
- Mid-day meal service in central dining room
- Comfortable in-floor radiant heat
- Environmentally friendly building materials including hardwood flooring throughout
- Tenants will have access to the safety network of a large nursing home while retaining the privacy and independence of apartment living
- Within walking distance to the Town of Berwick, with home delivery available from the local grocery store and pharmacy
Admission Procedure and Protocol:
All applications for admission to Orchard View Apartments are taken by the administrator of Grand View Manor, Jorge VanSlyke.
Phone: (902) 538-3118
Fax: (902) 538-3998
Office address: 110 Commercial St., Berwick, NS, B0P 1E0
(Please note that the admission procedure and protocol is currently being reviewed)